What we’re working on and thinking about at Foscam.
Keep our home safe is always a never-out-of-date thing! But how? especially in this holiday season. Let’s right into it.
Tip1. Make sure every doorway to the outside has a door in it.
Tip2. Get a home security system, or at least a sticker that says you have a home security system.
Tip3. Keep your house appearing lived-in while you’re away by asking neighbors to pick up your mail, bring in your trash cans, and stage screaming matches in your kitchen around dinner time.
Tip4. A video doorbell can help deter would-be assailants from using your front door.
Tip5. Before posting any photos while on vacation, block any friends who seem like they might rob you.
Article resource: onion.com
Foscam Releases Firmware and Cloud Update And Offers Top 5 Security Tips For Consumers Using IP Cameras
For your information, Foscam Cloud web interface----myfoscam.com supports Mac Safari 12 from 18th, Jan 2019 on
Kindly Login your Foscam account and follow the instructions to update
Firmware update optimizes P2P connection, works with the newest Safari and Firefox browsers and strengthens Foscam’s IP camera security
HOUSTON, Tx., June 22, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Foscam Inc. announces a new firmware update that optimizes P2P connection, enables the web UI Plugin to work with the newest Safari and Firefox browsers and deploys a strengthened security feature set.
“All Internet of Things (IoT) devices run the risk of being hacked, and this includes IP cameras. At Foscam, our users’ security is our highest priority. IP cameras are more secure and reliable when consumers adopt basic security practices including firmware updates,” says Chase Rhymes, Foscam’s COO.
Foscam routinely engages with network professionals around the world to perform security testing on their cameras. They also provide 24/7 technical support and 2-year replacement warranties, in addition to firmware updates.
Consumers concerned about safeguarding their privacy and securing their IP cameras can follow these simple tips to prevent unauthorized access.
Foscam’s Top Five Security Tips
1) Passwords Protect: Change the username and password. Passwords should be at least 8–10 characters or longer. Use a combination of lower and upper-case letters, numbers and special characters. (Foscam requires users to update their credentials before using the camera.)
2) Firmware Flash: Pay attention to new firmware updates to protect against unauthorized access and security risks. Consumers can download Foscam’s latest firmware here.
3) Perfect Placement: Place cameras up high with a clear view of the surveillance area.
4) Reliable Storage: In the event a camera is damaged or stolen have all backup footage stored on a local computer, NAS drive, SD card or cloud service. Learn more about Foscam cloud services here.
5) Router Check: Always verify your privacy settings on the wifi enabled router or access point and ensure they have strong passwords.
“We urge all consumers to take these easy actionable steps and secure their IP cameras,” states Rhymes. To learn more about Foscam’s camera security see detailed Security Audit.
About Foscam Inc.
Foscam Inc. helps consumers secure and share their world from any place at any time. An innovative designer, developer, and manufacturer of IP surveillance products, Foscam has sold millions of security and surveillance products in more than 60 countries with operations around the world for over 10 years. Foscam is committed to providing consumers with the safest, most affordably priced wireless security cameras, equipment and solutions on the market today.